Joe's

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Darfur

The situation in Darfur makes me irate. Powell was there a few weeks ago and I felt prouder of my country than I have in a long time. If he hadn't gone there who knows how much attention it would be getting now. Nevertheless, as the article I cited in the previous post reports, this shit is still going on. There's really no other word for it. It's disgusting. And something has to be done about it.

I know how pointless it is to write your representatives. I worked in the mailroom. Nevertheless:

US Senate
House of Reps

Writing a message is self explanatory once you get to the sites.

To the Canadian reader faction: just because I don't want to take the time to link to your government doesn't mean you're off the hook.

I'm going to try to find some more tangible ways of helping and I'll let all you good people know what I find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.