Joe's

Friday, January 14, 2005

For Brennan and the Trinkteufel

A bit of bingeing can be good for you - from spiked-life. No pun intended.

It is the grown-up thing to do: stand on your own two feet and get legless
My name is Mick, and I am a secret binge drinker. So secret that even I didn’t know I was one, until I looked up the official definition of a “binge” and discovered that I am a menace to society.

I was watching Dateline or some other fear-mongering news magazine the day after Christmas and discovered that I too was a Binge Drinker and had binged in front of my young niece and nephews on Christmas no less. I've since called their parents, my brothers, to beg forgiveness and attempt a start at reconciliation. They did not oblige and I've been excommunicated from my family who understandably cannot bear the disgrace of having a Binge Drinker among their members. Blogging may be sparse as I attempt to find an internet connection out in the cold and lonely winter snow. Oh how I rue the day of my first drink.

1 Comments:

  • Nice Joe, yes the Trinkteufel can sometimes be good for you. I would not suggest, however, that Glue-sniffing Binges can have the same effect. These are less healthy outlets to the every-day hum-drum of our lives.
    If you are having trouble on the mean streets of Idaho, or wherever you hail from, remember that Bingeing in Germany is just a short flight away. Ditto Bingeing in Prague, and cheaper at that!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.