Joe's

Friday, September 17, 2004

I'm numb to my eardrum

I love the feel of root canals in the morning. Not really, but as the rank smoke wafted off my tooth I thought of that line from Apocalypse Now. Mmmm napalm.

My dentist:

"You'll probably wanna close your eyes. There might be some pieces [of your tooth] flying around."

"Don't worry about the smoke. I'm not going to start your mouth on fire." I thought he was kidding, but was mistaken.

It wasn't bad actually. What's worse than a root canal? A dentist with bad breath.

2 Comments:

  • Is having a root canal the same as having a filling? I don't like this calling-the-same-thing-something-else thing that you Americans seem to enjoy. It's confusing. :p

    Jenn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 PM  

  • No, a root canal is when you get all the pulp taken out of your tooth. We have the same usage for getting a filling. No more anti-American-Englishism out of you.

    By Blogger joe, at 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.