Joe's

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

German election results

My post from a couple days ago turned out to be somewhat relevant to current events (insert stopped watch jokes here). The author writing for the Guardian in the article I talked about seems yet less credible. It doesn't pay to exaggerate.

Far right fuels German angst
The National Democratic Party (NPD), once compared to Hitler's Nazi party, achieved its best result since 1969 by winning 9% of the vote in Saxony.

But they're kind to dogs and children, I hear post at A Fistful of Euros good at keeping perspective that Germany is not sitting on the edge of fascism while promoting pro-active response against Nazis.

Posting will be rather limited until at least the end of the month while I do my utmost to force my nose onto that--oh so painful--grindstone working on my final papers. German papers aren't double spaced, but rather use 1.5 spacing. Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.